Saturday, May 8, 2010

I've created my Mecca....

So dad and I spent most of today doing some home improvements.... mostly in my bedroom. My room is in the front of the house and gets direct sunlight. Our air conditioner also seems to love the basement and despite turning all of the vents off downt here, it still gets the majority of the air. So between that and the direct sunlight my room gets for like.... six+ hours a day, my room is like a sauna. And I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of sitting in one place and sweating a lot. Especially when that place is the location I do most of my typing. And needless to say, Dad hasn't been crazy about the amount of our electric bills since I constantly turn the a/c on to cool my personal, unwanted sauna.

So today we spent about two hours fitting my windows with window film, which is supposed to block about 72% of the heat that comes into the room. It's been up about five hours, and I can tell the difference already. Now, don't get me wrong, by the time we put the treatments up it was already late in the day and most of the sun had already penatrated my room. And, god bless them, my blackout curtains (which really didn't black anything out) and my "energy saving" curtains had already been half heartidly been doing their job. And it was an extremely pleasant day today, so all of my excitement may be for naught. I'd like to think that isn't the case, because I just went and spent almost a hundred dollars on furnishings for my window seat, which I have turned into my writing mecca. Pictures follow.

The film acts like a mirror, as you can tell since you can not only see my new writing space, but also the rest of the 1/2 a room I'm in. That's the full shot.

Shot to the left.

Shot to the right.

Isn't it beautiful? I think so at least. I may never leave it. I can turn my head to the right and spy on the neighbors or look up and look out into the trees that sit at the bottom of the street. Right now I'm sitting with my window open (and I keep picturing myself falling out of it... which would not be plesant since I'm three stories up) and there's a nice breeze and it's perfect.

So keep your fingers crossed for me that the window films help and that I have truly found my mecca. =)

Happy Saturday!

Song of the moment:


Because I'm now an Idol freak, and because the song seems fitting of my glorious day. haha

1 comment:

  1. That looks kinda awesome. Ideas bubbling.

    ReplyDelete