Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Warning....rant follows.

WTF is up with professional atheletes these days??

Normally whenever athlete scandal makes the news I'll read the headlines, scoff a bit, and then wait for the next one to break. Tiger Woods shocked me for a few reasons. A) He seemed like a good guy. B) His wife is gorgeous. C) I'm delirious enough to think that men with young kids won't cheat. D) His wife is GORGEOUS.
I don't understand why men with beautiful wives cheat. I mean, obviously it's because they don't feel fullfilled in the marriage. But seriously...open your mouth and speak. Don't go have sex with everything brunette with long legs a flat stomach and a pulse. Especially don't go have sex with your neighbor's daughter (she was legal at the time, but they met when she was 14. That's dirty).

Tiger Woods was shocking... but not really a swift kick to the stomach, like recent headlines with my Steelers has been. One in particular. It's beyond me why anyone who is successful would actually force themselves on a twenty year old college student. Show some class. Understand that the franchise you play for expects its players to be something other than criminal. For years the Steelers have been in the headlines for good reasons... and this past week anytime I've opened the internet, all I've seen is headlines for Santonio Holmes (NYJ's problem now) Ben, and Jeff Reed. To recap: Mr. Holmes threw a glass at a woman in a nightclub in Florida and then broke league policies for controlled substances, Roethlisberger sexually harassed a twenty year old college student, Reed was charged with drunk in public (last year he was also charged for destroying a paper towel dispenser in a Sheetz). WTF, guys? Holmes was just traded to the Jets, Roethlisberger is looking at possible suspension, a fine, or counseling, and Mr. Reed (who, admittedly, had the least serious charges of the three) just signed a two year contract.

...And can we take a minute to discuss Roethlisberger's press conference yesterday? The boy was a mess. What the hell was he wearing? And has he been introduced to a pair of scissors and a barber's chair recently? (obvious answer is no, he hasn't). And were the reporters so terrifying that he had to stare at his "speech" like it was a lifeline? He didn't sound sincere and what he said was laughable (he thinks the choice not to prosecute was the "right one"? Of course he would think so...that means he won't go to jail (where twenty year old girls would have been the least of his problems)). Apparently he managed to shave, get a haircut, and buy a suit before his meeting with Goodell today. Personally, I hope he gets suspended. And that's saying something, coming from me.

Because everyone needs a laugh:
Ben's Press Conference
It wouldn't let me embed it in my blog, so click on it and happy laughing.

And, because I couldn't resist:


Happy Tuesday! (and now, since I don't have class I'm off to watch American Idol. Like I said, I'm addicted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment