Saturday, October 9, 2010

Plenty of Losers, more like

I caved. I joined plentyoffish.com last night and the results have been hilarious. Within minutes of joining the website I had five messages from guys. This is probably because of the profile picture I chose, in which I'm wearing a low cut shirt. Actually, I know this is why I've had so many emails already because a couple of the guys commented on my "features" and God knows they aren't talking about my eyes (although one guy said I have a nice smile... I'd like to believe he actually meant that).

I don't know what I expected, since its a free website, but holy crap some of these guys are straight forward. This one guy's first email to me said "I know, I know. I'm not sure why we haven't talked either, two obviously attractive people like ourselves." Probably should have just deleted the email then, but I responded. I tried to change the subject...he's from NY so I made the comment I'm from Albany, been in VA for 20 years and am ready to leave. His response? "Well, meet me first. We'll do some stuff ;-) and then you can go."

User blocked.

I'm also amazed by how fast people are willing to give out their phone numbers. If I don't know you, you'll be lucky to get my phone number before our first date. Less than twenty-four hours after joining the site, I've gotten five phone numbers. How many times have I given my number out? 0. Ain't happening.

The other thing... Plenty of Fish has you make a "catch line" something that they post next to your picture so that people searching through the database see that as soon as they see your picture. Some of the catch lines are HILARIOUS. It's supposed to describe what you're looking for, or what you're like. One guy's catch line is "some assembly required." I couldn't get away from his profile fast enough.

Don't get me wrong, out of the fifteen people that have messaged me, there are a couple that I'm having worthwhile conversations with. But sadly, it seems to not be the norm.




(I'm going to have to memorize this number and pass it off as my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment