Friday, January 14, 2011

Quickly...

Quick post update. I started reading a new book on Wednesday, as reported here. I finished it yesterday. It was fascinating. Not necessarily something I think I'll list as a favorite, but I was captivated. Rightfully so, I think, because I'm pretty sure that this book was banned (or at least it was in *OMG I forgot the name of the movie!* Breakdance? Argh... the one with Kevin Bacon). Anyways, it's very antiwar and it's a little out there, but it's a very quick interesting read and I recommend it to anyone who has some free time.

Definitely not what I was expecting when I read reviews of this. I think Vonnegut was high on household cleaners when he wrote this. I'm sort of interested to see what his other books are like, but since school is starting up again, I won't have the chance to for a while.

Went to Borders yesterday to return "Lonely Heart's Club" and I looked for excellent women, but they don't normally keep it in stock so I'm going to have to order it online. Which means I wont' have time to read it before school starts. Another bummer: I couldn't find anything at Borders that looked interesting to me, so I left without a new book. So I'm rereading a book instead.

FOOTLOOSE! That's the name of that movie with Kevin Bacon! Whew. That would have bugged me.

1 comment: