Sunday, January 9, 2011

Some inspirational quotes

I had this amazing calendar last year that had gorgeous sunrise shots with inspirational quotes below each picture. I got the same calendar this year, but this year's edition doesn't have the inspirational quotes which is a major bummer. But, because I don't want to lose last year's quotes, I'm going to post them here for everyone to enjoy.

"For Hope is but the dream of those that wake" - Matthew Prior
"Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise" - George Washington Carver
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-- to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love" - Marcus Aurelius
"The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes"- Benjamin Disraeli
"And even the sun in dawn chorus sings a celestial melody to the earth below" - Tjaden
"Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light"- Jean Giraudoux
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations" Louisa May Alcott
"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished" Lao Tzu
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" -Albert Einstein
"The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy" - Henry Ward Beecher
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine-- and shadows will fall behind you" - Walt Whitman
"The morning of life is like the dawn of a day, full of purity, visions, and harmony"- Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence." -Helen Keller.

I've bolded my favorites. =)

A real post will come later, I'm determined to sit down and clean my closet. Well, I won't actually be sitting when I clean... but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment