Tuesday, September 28, 2010

at the bottom looking up

I've been in a slump recently. And I don't mean just a writing slump. I'm in a school and work are controlling my life slump. But I can't even blame it totally on that. I think I'm lonely. Scratch the think. I am lonely. I don't help myself, I know. I'm a homebody. You don't meet people by being homebodies. And I understand there's a difference between being alone and being lonely. Up until recently, I've been mostly content being alone. There was a period last year where I wasn't okay with it anymore and I did something about it. That failed miserably (I'm talking about my experiences with eHarmony). I'm tired of hearing all the "inspirational" talk from people. I understand I'm young. I'm 24, I have time. I'm not asking to find my soulmate. I just want someone who understands me... who shares my goals.

The other part that is depressing is that I honestly don't have much time for myself, I don't know how I'd start a relationship. Dad keeps telling me I need to learn balance. What he doesn't understand is that I've already learned balance. I'm balancing work and schoolwork. If I don't want to fail school, that takes up most of my free time. BAH.

I know I'm just stressed.... and it helped to vent.

On another blah note.... I got a C+ on a paper I thought I did well on. So now I'm second guessing everything I write. I hate academic writing.

On a happy note.... 12 weeks until the end of the semester. Yay...


No comments:

Post a Comment