Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A few poems....

I had to write these for my Creative Writing class... and unlike most of the other exercises where I've absolutely hated everything that came from it... I'm actually kinda happy with these. So read and let me know what you think.


Poem 14- 

Pull the string.
See how the head moves
The arm twitches
The legs jump
And then fall limp again.
The Manipulator speaks
And the puppet’s lip move
In unison, though the words
Are not its own.
A million thoughts run
Through the puppet’s head
But without prompting
The wooden lips stay silent
And the doll is still.

Poem 15- Fable

No fear as I step up to the ledge.
The cliff is steep, the bottom
Somewhere far below in the fog.
But the bottom is not worrisome to me.
Ahead of me all I can see is azure
And wisps of clouds that dot the sky.
The moment comes and I launch myself
Into the open space ahead of me.
I am suspended in air for a short time
And a grin crosses my face.
It is not until I start to fall
That I remember I have no wings.

Poem 16- Autobiographical

The teacher- so confident with the experiment-
Looked on in shock at her student’s tears.
It is true that the egg (dropped from
The top of a ladder in an encasement
Crafted by the student’s impatient fingers)
Broke open and scrambled when it hit the ground,
But hadn’t it been a learning experience?
My vision blurred, my nose running, I tried
To convince the teacher that it wasn’t her fault.
It was me. I was the one with yolk and shell on my fingers.
It was I who had failed the experiment, the one left
To pick up the pieces.

Poem 17- Dream

The bride runs through the garden.
Her veil trails behind her,
Fanning out like a peacock’s tail.
The dress is stiff and doesn’t feel quite right
She hikes it up to expose her feet
So she does not trip during her journey.
Her brittle bouquet collapses in the wind
Dropping petals to the path
As testimony that she was there.
The chapel looms ahead
Stony white, immaculate.
The bride rushes in
And the entire congregation turns to face her.
She realizes it is not her wedding


(finding a video of that song that was actually GOOD and didn't include clips from New Moon was haaaaaard)

No comments:

Post a Comment