Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekends go by WAAAAAY too fast

Had a mostly uneventful but pretty fun weekend.

Yesterday flew by... I woke up to go to Zumba (yay I didn't sleep through my alarm!) and then went straight from class to get my haircut, had lunch with mom, then went home to take a nap before heading over to Becky's.

Becky never lets me pay her when she gives me a massage so I always like to treat them to dinner (usually we do Chinese). Last night I was craving Chik-fil-a and she agreed to go get some (which is funny because she's a vegetarian... so why she agreed to that is beyond me) but we go through the drive-thru because inside looks insane, and she pulls out a twenty dollar bill to pay for it. So we're sitting there arguing about who is going pay. She's convinced I won't be able to pay because she's closer to the window. Right before we pull up to the window to pay I snatch the bill out of her hand and crumple it in my fist so she can't get it back. We pull up to the window and I'm laughing and she's shrieking and the girl in the window is looking at us like we've got five heads. Becky keeps yelling "She's got my money!" and I'm yelling "BECAUSE YOU AREN'T PAYING!!!" and finally I have the common sense to reach across her and pass my card to the poor girl who has no idea what's going on. Meanwhile Cammie is in the backseat asking for french fries. It was hilarious.

We ended up watching Despicable Me when we got back to their house. It was cute, but not as cute as I was honestly expecting. Megamind was a lot better in my opinion. I was a bit distracted throughout the movie though, I was roughhousing with Cammie (I would chase her around the family room and then grab her and hold her upside down until she squirmed free). I brought Cammie this cute little Disney set I bought on clearance at Target... it came with bath gel, lotion, and shampoo but also a crown and two barrettes. Cammie took it upon herself to do Becky's hair and then grab everything off her and do my hair. Towards the end of the movie when we were all fairly exhausted (it was almost ten at this point) Cammie curled up next to me and rested her head on my shoulder. It was so fricking cute. AAAAAnd I got a picture of it!

Isn't she precious in her little glitter shoes? She's HUGE, too. She's only 2 and already in a 4T. She's growing up way too fast. At least Becky has another one on the way so I can get my baby fix again. =)

In other big news... I bought my plane tickets for Alaska today! Yay! I fly out on August 13 and fly back on the 20th. I change flights in Denver on my way out and Seattle on my way back. I have three hours in Denver and less than one hour in Seattle. I wish it was the other way around. I've been to Denver. Never been to Seattle. Would like some time to at least grab a shot glass on my way through the airport. Oh well. Super excited though. I can't wait! Also in the process of planning a long-weekend trip to Pittsburgh in June. O and I are going to the Taylor Swift concert :-)

Well... it's almost 11 and it's a work night so I suppose I should wrap up here and hit the sack.

OH... I made the Superman theme song my default ringer today. How big of a dork does that make me?

...on second thought, don't answer that.

Later, bloggers!


(couldn't resist, hehehe. One of the comments on the video is that John Williams could make eating a donut sound epic. I agree to an extent. A lot of his music is starting to sound a like. But he did an amazing job with Harry Potter, so I'll never knock the man).

No comments:

Post a Comment