Saturday, February 26, 2011

If I had a dollar...

For every time I thought about blogging... I'd be very rich. But I always seem to think about it at the most inopportune times. Like when I'm driving to work. Or driving to school (I'd love to blog in class, but since most of the time I'm complaining about something that's going on in classes, I'd rather not let everyone know I have a blog, lol).

I can't believe it's almost March. It's strange to think that Christmas was only two months ago yesterday, but it feels like it was so much longer ago. And technically I only started classes a month ago yesterday, but I feel like it should be the end of the semester already. Time flies.

I was super excited yesterday because Megamind came out. And aside from some wasted time wondering around Target on Thursday looking for it, and then being bummed that they sold out of it very quickly yesterday and being forced to go to Walmart *gasp*, I'm a very happy girl. I love this movie. It's probably my favorite non-Disney animated movie. I'm trying to come up with what was my favorite non-Disney animated movie before this, but I'm floundering. OH! How to Train Your Dragon. Which is still very very cute, but I could sit down and watch Megamind several times a day. Will Ferrell cracks me up.

It's been extremely windy these past couple of days and yesterday the wind blew out a transformer at work so from three thirty until the time we went home everyone was sitting in the dark. For about an hour the phones stayed on but then even they lost power so we were sitting in the dark doing nothing. That hospital is CREEPY without any lights. Like the phones, we had emergency lighting but their stored power only lasted about as long as the phones, so treatment was completely plunged into darkness. We had to prop open the swinging doors in order to let sunlight in, but that only reaches so far. The doctor's office was pitch black and when I walked in there with a flashlight it was eerie. To be fair, it seems eerie when the lights are on and there is no one in there because I'm so used to there being at least one doctor in there talking on the phone or making notes or typing on the computer. The feeling was kind of like in the movie Titanic when the submarine has found the wreck and a small beam of light falls onto only small sections of the ship and it's all seaweedy and gross (obviously there was no seaweed on the desks, but the eerie feeling of disrupting something that's at rest is the same). But I got to go home at five instead of six because there was nothing to do, so score one for the wind. Course, traffic sucked coming home and it took me almost an hour to get to my mom's house....

Alright, I'm gonna wrap it up here... time to zumba! =)

This is my new favorite lazy song

No comments:

Post a Comment