Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Edits bite.

So I finished my second novel....about a month ago. And was very eager to read back through it and make edits, because usually when I finish something, I've finished it just to get to the end and then I go back and add things and change things after I've seen where the ending is. But I've heard/been told that it's always best to let something sit for a bit and then come back to it.

So I let this book sit for about a week and then went back to edit it...but found it hard to get through. So it's been exceptionally hard to go back to, because I had no idea what to do with it. (I've just realized how many times I've started sentences with the word "so"). ANYWAYS, it's been sitting for a month and it's been bugging me because I need to do SOMETHING with it. But, to make a long story short, I've decided to slaughter the piece. I'm not starting completely over, but I've decided to copy and paste bits from draft #1 into draft #2 so that it will feel like starting on a clean slate.

But that's what I've been up to recently. Oh, and lots of reading. Still in my Janet Evanovich kick...made it through a bunch over the weekend! And I've been having dreams about Morelli, probably because part of me feels like I'm actually Stephanie Plum.

Happy Wednesday evening!




And, I'm trying to figure out how to get a sound byte onto the page so you can listen to the song that motivates me. For now, you'll just have to wonder. lol.


And as a later edit... guess there isn't a way to put it straight into the blog, so click the link and enjoy.
Collide- Howie Day

I love this song...and my first novel is called Collide =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment