Thursday, December 2, 2010

Important lesson

I'm sure everyone has been somewhere where a cell phone (whether your own or someone around you) has gone off unexpectedly, interrupting perfect silence, or near silence, or an important conversation. Or even to be more general, we've all had cell phones go off while we're in public. Now, when I pick ringtones out I typically pick ones that don't embarass me if someone other than myself hears it.

I was sitting in class today, half falling asleep because my teacher has a horrible tendency of going on and on and on about something he's passionate about but that the rest of us just don't give a damn about, and he was in between thought processes when a girl's cell phone went off from the back of the room. Now, having a cell phone go off is embarassing enough in a class, but needless to say she has to be very thankful that we only have one week left of class so she doesn't have to see any of us ever again. Her ring tone was a mechanical voice saying "I am NOT a whore. I am NOT a whore." Then, to make matters worse (or better, depending on your viewpoint) she couldn't silence the phone so we got to listen to about twenty seconds of her phone reminding her that she's not a whore. While, of course, the rest of the class is thinking the exact opposite. Maybe this is supposed to be her alarm clock for those nights out at bars? A nice perky reminder in the morning that she has nothing to be ashamed of? haha... I'll stop being mean.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... lol.

    Life rocks sometimes. Unless you're owner of said cell... in which case, not so much.

    ReplyDelete